Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tradition and Power

The ending of the novel Power was interesting to me but I liked it. I really enjoyed reading this novel and even though it was a little confusing at times, I was happy with the end result. Omishto finally ended up deciding for herself what was right. In class we discussed what Power was to each of us and what were the most important power's in the novel. I believe that the power of belief was the most important and apparent throughout this novel. Omishto finally started to believe in her old traditions and I think that is important to point out. Traditions in this novel were very apparent and are seen throughout the whole story. Throughout the novel, Omishto was very confused as to what she actually believed, but in the end and through all of her troubles in the novel, she came to a conclusion on what she believed. I think that she got much of her independence from Ama, but I also think that by witnessing what happened, she found her own personal way of deciding what she actually believes.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you noticed that traditions were important throughout the novel..I picked up on that as well! I think that people's traditions and cultures form a large chunk of their identity.

    ReplyDelete