Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Othello

In the clip we watched in class, I began to notice many different things about the movie and how the producer wanted each particular character to be portrayed. I started looking at the camera angle and lighting, the background music, the costumes and the makeups on the characters, and even the color pallet. I never really began to notice these things until they were pointed out to me. In the Othello movie of 1995, I noticed through the camera angle that it focused mainly on the characters faces, and got very close. The color pallet was much different then most movies now; red, white and black.

In movies now, I think I will try to look at all of these factors while watching the movie because it gives the movie/play more meaning then what it originally has for its audience. If everyone watched movies in this particular fashion, people would see movies much more differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment