Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Writing to me is like...


Writing is an important tool that helps people express what they are feeling. However, when I start to write I get an type of anxiety. To me, writing is like jumping into the Gulf of Mexico in Naples, Florida. Although I have been vacationing there since I was born and have been in the ocean plenty of times, the first time getting in the water during a vacation is a bit scary. Its always a bit cold. But once my feet get used to the temperature, I usually try to go in a little farther. Once I'm in all the way to my stomach, I usually get scared of all the animals that could maybe brush my leg and scare me. But once I'm in for awhile I stop thinking about anything that could hurt me and I start having fun. Even though I always come out of the ocean as the same person as I was when I went in, I still get nervous everytime I see that vast body of water for the first time in a while.

1 comment:

  1. This is very insightful and provocative. I like your analogy of swimming in the ocean to writing.

    ReplyDelete