Monday, January 26, 2009

Dillard vs Sanders

Dillard and Sanders seem to have a different writing style, but still use the same style when using metaphors and explaining their experiences throughout the natural world. They like to explore their identities and both practice their writing skills. Also, they both talk about how writing is very unique and a way of life for both of them.

Although I enjoyed reading both of these short excerpts, I seemed to enjoy Sanders more. I seemed to understand his writing more than Dillards and I seemed to understand the metaphors better. His writing was also a little more contemporary. I liked that he was very family oriented and I also liked that he didn't want his life to be consumed in writing.

1 comment:

  1. Meghan--
    I can totally see where you're coming from when you say you enjoyed Sanders more...he did have a little bit more of an optimistic tone regarding writing. Unfortunately, I personally find myself relating to Dillard more (sad, isn't it?...looks like I'm going to learn something, learn something, and then "die!"). Hehe. I definitely agree with your remark about them both exploring their identities. Perhaps Dillard is just a "darker" person in general? Like her view regarding writing is influenced by her personality?

    ReplyDelete