Wednesday, March 18, 2009

This Blessed House

I thought this story was really interesting. I thought the actual read was good, but I couldn't understand some of the personalities of the characters. The thing that I thought was the most important was the vinegar. I thought although it was found in the pantry at first, I feel like it was an important metaphor. I feel that it was not only put there for the cooking aspect, but I feel like something in the couples live might have been missing and the vinegar symbolizes it a little bit. I'm anxious to go to class because I want to get some of my questions cleared up about the story, which might help me analyze this metaphor, but I do not think the vinegar was just there as a cooking ingredient. Does anyone agree or disagree with this statement?? I'm not too sure if this was right, but I took a guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment